by Kayla Schilling, The Resource Group
If you have upgraded to Management Reporter (MR) 2012 CU14 or CU15, you may have noticed that your Management Reporter reports are missing from the Dynamics. Microsoft is aware of the issue. Currently, there's no eta on when a fix will be released. However, there is a workaround to help you get your reports back into the GP Navigation List:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics ERP\Management Reporter\2.1\Server\Services\
- Locate the MRServiceHost.settings.config, and make a backup of the file.
- Open the file in Notepad (run as an administrator).
- Scroll to the end of the file. You will see an </appSettings> line. Right above this line, add the following line:
<add key="ServiceBusAddress" value="http://<MR server name>:4712/Report.svc" />
You'll need to replace <MR server name> with the name of your Management Reporter server, and 4712 with the service port number.
An example would be:
<add key="ServiceBusAddress" value="http://GPApp:4712/Report.svc" />
If you do not know the server name or port, you can get the information by performing the following:
- Launch Report Designer.
- On the top menu bar, select Tools.
- Select Connection…
- The server name, and port will be listed in the connection box, in url format.
- Save the file.
- Restart the Management Reporter Application, and Process Service in the Configuration Console.
- Log into Great Plains.
- Select the Financial Module.
- Click on the Management Reporter Reports Navigation List to verify your reports are now listed.